Sunday, 1 December 2013

Birthday Book

This is a simple yet very effective present.  Simple choose a cardstock and fold in half.  Make sure you have enough pages so that you have at least one page per month.  Once you have folded the pages, pierce holes with a pokey tool down the centre about half inch apart.  I sewed my pages together using cross stitching silk but you can use cotton thread if you wish. 




I decorated my cover and wrote inside how the book was to be used and then simply wrote the name of each month at the top of the page.  This gift cannot be taken any further unless you wish to put your birthday details in there as the recipient will need to add the birth dates of their friends and family when they get the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better