Sunday, 24 November 2013

Name, initials, xmas words decorartion

I love seeing personalised things around the home and decorating letters for someone in either their name or initials is a wonderful gift.  I’ve done a name “SALL” {yes my own} but only because I couldn’t purchase enough letters for HO HO HO {the local craft store only sells one of each letter and when it’s gone it’s gone till all letters are gone but I did manage to grab a second “L” at a different store, still no O’s though…my quest for HO HO HO continues}.  


It doesn’t matter what you write but remember unless you have an enormous space having all the letters for Merry Christmas or Seasons Greetings can be costly and will take up a fair amount of room, so you may wish to use smaller letters or shorter words such as “Xmas”, “Santa”, “Noel”, “Joy”, “Peace” etc. 




There are many ways for you to decorate letters from paint, distress inks, paper, stamping etc through to one my favourite new techniques…decoupatch. I tore up lots of pieces of the same sheet of decoupatch papers, but you can use paper napkins or tissue paper as a cheaper substitute.  


Then using a mix of pva and water {50/50} I simply glued the papers all over the letters until they were completely covered.  I admit I didn’t decorate the back but you can if you want to.  I’ve used a pokey tool to make holes in the back of the “L’s” for hanging them on the wall, but you could stand them up if you didn’t want to make the holes yourself, or to prevent wall damage when removing Christmas related words.

1 comment:

  1. These letters look great with you. Nice choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better